miercuri, 20 mai 2015

Random thoughts about this society

It's been a while. I wish I could tell you that I was pretty busy or something smart like that, but I haven't been that busy. Anyway ... I was so convinced about what I want to write tonight, but then again one of my friends gave me sort of a cold shower. I am still gonna tell you what I intended to, but with a slightly different ending. So, here we go. This is a topic I've wanted to write about for so long. And everybody who knows me well are well aware of my opinions about our society, because I almost seem like a broken record when we land on this topic. However I feel like it's high time I put this in writing. I am gonna start with a conclusion: WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY SMARTER!! And by we ... I mean the society. With the information we have at hand, with the technical development, with the background & history - one would say that "Man, this is the perfect place & time to live in! This is awesome!" And it might be (let me tell you my frank opinion: it's not!), who am I to judge! I am terrified each day when I walk out the door and see the society we live in. The information, the development, the background & history did not help us. Instead of getting brighter and smarter and more aware of ourselves, of our environment ... we get dumber and dumber! We don't use the information in our advantage. We let technology think in our place. I honestly think that a lot of people have just put their brains on a long winter hibernation. They don't need to think because what is to think about when you have everything at hand?! It's so frustrating to barely have a handful of people to have smart conversations with. (from this point of view I am blessed: I have my share of very smart people in my life). We are more and more interested on the way we look, rather than having a balance between the looks & brains. And I'm gonna say something here (even though there will be people who would contradict me): He who said "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BAD TASTE." was sooooo far off!!! There is such thing as BAD TASTE. And unfortunately we experience this bad taste in everything: from the way we dress to how we "dress" our kids & houses to what we read & listen to. But then again: we live in a free world. Everyone's opinion is protected. Doesn't matter how stupid! And I don't even want to get into the lack of values, standards and principles (because some don't even have low standards!!!) I am a dreamer. Not the John Lennon-type. Maybe a day-dreamer. An Arkadian wisher.A Martin Luther King - type. Where I have a dream that justice will be justice, friends will be friends, love will be love so on. But then my friend came along. I really love her and all ... and she's so innocent and cute in her way of thinking and seeing the world that she's almost contagious. If only I weren't immune to all those happy thoughts. so, she tried to make me see how I am full of negativism and that I should switch perspectives. Truth is I would not mind to see life in other colors than white, gray and black. I still think all these things about the society. Only that I know I (we) need so little to be happy ... we don't need the society to be perfect for that! ta ta!!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu