luni, 26 decembrie 2011

Cold-blooded

Have any of you listened to Foreigner’s song “Hot Blooded”? We are supposed to be hot-blooded creatures and, even more, about us, the Latinos, we’ve heard a lot of stories. According to these stories, we are supposed to be very charismatic, very passionate … in everything we do (but I have to admit that the passionate was more linked to the loving part). So, we are supposed to be hot-blooded-passionate people!
I am about to tell you something else about me. Part one was about me being a day-dreamer! Part two … I am cold blooded! I must be northern or something. I do have the Latino anger temper. You’d better stay away when I am angry – otherwise I’ll snap and … well, I never crossed this “and” but I have a strange feeling that nothing good is on the other side of it. So, I do inherit the gene of hot-temper Latino people. But when talking about love … I am Norwegian or Swedish or just cold-blooded.
It’s been long since I was suspecting myself of listening more of my brain rather than my heart. I had my doubts. I was hoping I could be swept away. But, it’s not the case. Apparently, in the light of recent events (lessons we all need to learn in life) I have no more doubts: I am cold-blooded. I wouldn’t go so far as extending the rational thing into all the domains of my life. But definitely in the feeling department – more specific in the loving department – I am rational. I’m proud of being rational … but sometimes I wonder how it would be like if my heart really spoke to me.
Sometimes, I wish I were swept away and feel the butterflies I hear so much about. Sometimes, I wonder if love can really be felt.
How many of you have heard me talking about love – true love? Not so many … because, love – true love – it’s not really my thing.
I am cold blooded! Or at least … I am cold blooded until proven otherwise!

3 comentarii:

  1. Nobody is cold blooded.. Just is needed the right person in the right circumstances. If you will repeat this too many times, you will become this kind of person because you will not allow yourself to be something else:)

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. I had doubts!!! now I don't. there is no such thing as the right person.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. doar pt ca dragostea nu seamana cu o senzatie pe care tu te astepti sa o simti atunci cand iubesti, nu inseamna ca nu iubesti, or worse, ca esti cold-blooded. crede-ma kido ca tu iubesti :)
    best of luck
    :*:*:*

    RăspundețiȘtergere