sâmbătă, 17 noiembrie 2012

Memories

I am back in my home town, in my parents' house. It's all so different now! I walked through the town and I cannot see the town I was growing in anymore. There is a huge "concrete playground" were it used to be our sandy-grassy playground ... A long row of garages in front of the block. They cut down the poplars along the river. They built a Lidle store in the center of the town. Everywhere you look its concrete. I don't feel the vibe anymore. I see all kind of new faces walking around. There are some things that have not changed, like the pharmacy in the corner with the same pharmacist, or the bridge ... or the old math teacher with his unbelievable - intellectual look. I smile when I see the things that haven't changed a bit, and in the same time I feel melancholy for the lost ones. It was never a huge town, but it was always a quite-nice-everybody-knows-everybody town. But of course, time doesn't forgive anyone, so the town had to evolve and adapt. I am afraid I cannot say that it became more civilized. I remember that our high school was one of the best in the county. Well the good ol' days have gone. I am afraid we don't appreciate the simple smart things anymore, and all we are looking for is glazing-ostentatious-glamorous things. Maybe it's just the society. Buy I miss swimming in the river in the summer or skating in the winter. I miss playing outside with my friends - no worries. I miss all that! My home town doesn't look anymore like the cute-cultural-oldish town! I miss that look! Mostly because it's that look that pushed me to go further knowing that whenever I will need to come back to cozy-familiar thing I can always come back to my home town. Well, I came back ... but the town it's not there anymore. It's good that I can still see it in my memories!

Un comentariu:

  1. "What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld-

    RăspundețiȘtergere