duminică, 11 noiembrie 2012

Glimpse of happiness

I understand now. I cannot be happy all the time cas if I were happy all the time, I would not appreciate happiness that much. It's just me! Maybe other people are different. But not me. I realized - for sure 100% - if I were to be happy all the time, I wouldn't know that I'm happy. And is there greater unhappiness than to not know you're happy? So, since I am like that ...I only get glimpses of happiness. Small portions of what true happiness really is. I was pretty sure it's unfair and I did not deserve this but now I see - now I understand. Actually I think that for me to be happy I need to work hard. I cannot take happiness for granted, cas it's not. And then there is satisfaction. It's not really happiness, but meanwhile it can make life easier. Bottom line ... I'd rather work hard for my glimpse of happiness, feeling satisfaction moreoften, than not being able to appreciate happiness at all. Today ... I am not a happy person, but a satisfied one!

Un comentariu:

  1. Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed. ;)
    Jonathan Swift

    RăspundețiȘtergere