marți, 14 februarie 2012

Psychotic episode

You know, the mentally ill ones! The society throws a dark shadow on them. People avoid them. People look down on them. Some people, whatsoever, show interest. I belong to this last category ... I am curious and interested in their story.

And now I am being sympathetic!!!

Why NOW? What does this "now" mean? Well let me just put it some other way. The mentally ill ones have their own perfect world to get to. They don't have to deal with the stupidity the human race gathers every single day. I almost envy them ... I don't want to tempt faith. I can imagine the implication of being mentally ill. I can only imagine the great deal of good things they are missing. And the sad part is I used the word "things". Not people, not relationships or emotions.

They miss on the music, and the beautiful classic books, the sunrise or sunset, the top of the mountain after a difficult climb, the hot chocolate on a very cold winter evening, the warm socks, the comforting feeling after you've done your job. And I could go on and on.

So, I do appreciate my psychotic break along with my sanity moments. Mostly because mine, both of them, come with very good friends and very supportive family.

Lately I fell in love with this very cute Edgar Allan Poe quote: "I have become insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." And I am talking about a psychotic break? Well who is to say what is real and what is imaginative?

Who is to say what is sanity or psychotic break?

p.s. For those of you who will go on interpreting this article published on the 14th of February: YOU ARE SO WRONG!!!

2 comentarii:

  1. They say reality is a matter of perception. Right!
    Now, far back in time i had two psychotic periods. Or two psychotic breaks? I still ponder.
    Being raised in an orphanage for 10 years, I've been dreaming of having a family. Thinking that all the bad treatment i suffered will disappear like it never happened.
    After 10 years, a family took me in, and the treatment was so bad that for a while I've been dreaming of going back to where i came from. Was never possible.
    It took me another 10 years to perform a huge reset, so i could present myself in front of others as a normal being, without trauma or sympathy.
    Honestly, i can't say with certitude which period was good or bad. All i can say is that i had to learn things that could have been avoided, without getting to believe that everything serves for accomplishments purposes. People who know me, say i managed to come clean perfectly and there's no reason to be circumspect about my success. Or is it failure, in fact?
    But who's to say?

    Congrats Cami, for an excellent topic! Insightful and meaningful, as always !

    RăspundețiȘtergere