duminică, 22 ianuarie 2012

Sadness

Directly form Wikipedia: "Sadness is emotional pain associated with, or characterized by feelings of disadvantage, loss, despair, helplessness, sorrow, and rage." In my opinion the most important thing in this definition is the word PAIN.

Sadness is inevitable pain. I cannot say I've been experiencing great physical pain. I know people who struggle with the physical pain and it would be so inappropriate of me to say I know what they are going through. For me physical pain resumes to a visit to a dentist and some stitches - that's it! But then there is the emotional pain. And this is something we all have been experiencing on a certain level. Again, there are people who went through great emotional pain and overcome, and then there are these other people who just cannot deal with the emotional pain any longer.

For me, this intense feeling of sadness is something I cannot really explain. It's like approximately half a year ago I just slipped and since then I'm on a continuous slope. I cannot stop and there is nothing to hold on! Questions with no answers - for me this is the struggle. To slide down and not knowing where or when I'm gonna stop. Short periods of temporary happiness just to give me the idea of a different life, and then again the slope! At certain points I have the impression that my mind is playing games on me. Just like Edgar Allan Poe said: "I've become insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." I no longer know which is the true life. I no longer know whether "I am a human dreaming I am a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a human" (just to paraphrase Lao Tse)!

Either way ... I see no solution. I have no horizon! All I see is the dark slope going down! If I would only touch the bottom, because after that the only direction I could go would be UP. But until then ... I can only hope it's not gonna take much longer!

Sadness is emotional pain associated with, or characterized by, feelings of disadvantage, loss, despair, helplessness, sorrow, and rage. Is there still any hope for the hopeless?

Un comentariu:

  1. Some time ago i discovered...the pain. And i was amazed to learn so much living it. So perfect...so absolute. Pain has no purpose at all. Therefore pain is not a religion that needs churches or altars. Pain is the last resort away from everything that failed you. Pain doesn't hurts ; she cures you and makes you stronger. Pain protect you at all costs. Like a mother who's giving her life for her offsprings. Pain loves you more than you love her, because her love is infinitely great and kind. I used to hate even the word: pain. And i didn't believed. But you don't have to believe in pain...pain believes in you ! Pain stands before you when you need to be guided, beside you when you need a trusty brother in arms and watches your back against deceivers. Therefore you never gonna be alone...maybe for the first time in your life.

    Pain had never deceived anyone. Once you entrusted her you can fully and finally understand the meaning of love. A supreme level that has nothing to do with what ordinary people call...love. That kind of love is just a word that drags you deep under a cheap suffering and soul misery.

    My friend, I'm not telling you that you should get the same experience that i had. Because isn't a must. All I'm telling you is...light up a cigarette, drink your coffee, stick with your friends and don't think about failures anymore. "Make love" to the good person you are. Make love to your mind, that wonderful place where you can find all the answers you need.

    RăspundețiȘtergere